Yesterday, it hit me: I'm moving to America next month.
That thought induces feelings of elation and panic and sadness, in varying amounts. Elation that we'll be back with our families, enjoying fall weather and English church services and home-cooked dinners. Panic that I have to pack up my whole house for a trans-Pacific flight. And sadness that our time overseas is coming to a (hopefully temporary) end.
I have a lot of stuff to do in August.
Here's a quick run-down on last month's goals:
- Celebrate Andrew's 30th birthday - we had a surprise party for him - and I gave him some blog love when I wrote about 10 reasons I love my husband.
- Powersheets prep for August-December 2014 - yup! Read about my new goals here and also simple steps to making goals that matter!
- Review branding group's blogs & give feedback - I loved getting to know my online community through all their blogs!
- Create a plan to escape reaction and embrace intention - ok I didn't make an actual plan, but I did a lot of thinking about how to avoid just reacting to things (i.e. phone notifications) and making sure I'm putting my highest priorities first in my day (relationships, God, and writing). This book is a great resource if this topic piques your interest!
- Reactivate Kansas Registered Nursing license - didn't actually get this done because I discovered I need to notarize the form...and I live in Cambodia, so that's obviously a little difficult. But I did some other paperwork that will make it easier to get my license when I move back.
- Develop subscription gift for newsletter subscribers - I'm still working on this one. I'm putting together a resource list of Bible study tools that I'm really excited about! Sign up for the monthly newsletter to be the first to get it when it's finished!
For August, my "to-do" list is really long. But here are the top 5 things I'm really excited about accomplishing this month:
- 31 Days of Prayer - Madison from The Wetherills Say I Do has this awesome list of daily prayer topics that I hope will help me learn to pray consistently for a wide variety of people. Check it out if you're interested! (and also her blog is lots of fun, too!)
- Say good bye to friends - I want our house and schedule to be full of the people we love this month. September doesn't really count because we decided to go to Vietnam and Bangkok during our last two weeks in SE Asia. Why? Because we're crazytravel is important to our family! And our friends are scattered. And we can't leave without adding one more new visa to our passport!
- Keep my mouth shut in the car - I'm the worst at being an anxious passenger and telling Andrew how to drive. I hate driving in Cambodia, and for good reason - motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of death here. I've seen more dead bodies on the road here than I saw working in a trauma center in America. But Andrew knows what he's doing, and I need to trust him. This is part of my "big" goal of learning to communicate better with my husband!
- Finish Bible study resource list - can't wait to share this with you all!
- Design new site and logo and move to Squarespace - ok, I'm way too excited about this. In case you're wondering, my blog address will stay the same. But I am changing the web program I use to make my blog posts, and I'm also designing a whole new theme (fonts, colors, etc.), as well as a new focus on what I'll write about since I'm moving back to America.
And tell me - what is one thing you're excited about making happen in August?
Note: Affiliate links used. Full disclosure here.