It's goal time!
Every month, I share my progress on last month's goals and what I hope to do in the coming weeks. I find it a lot more motivating to work on goals in community, which is what happens when I join The Tiny Twig's Goals With Grace link-up every month. We all read each other's goals and cheer each other on!
June was a bit of a crazy month - despite unexpected mass migrations, a funeral, and just living life, I still made pretty good progress on my goals. Except for the exercise one. Still not hitting three times a week - but that's where the grace comes in, right?!
And I've been setting the same goals every month in order to develop habits in exercise and my technology use/abuse. So those will go onto a new list called "Happens Every Month" that I don't have to talk about every month on the goal post!
Write Family Purpose Statement with Andrew- 99% finished! I'll share in a post in the future. (I was inspired by this post from Tsh Oxenreider!) Teach women's health class at church- Just did this Sunday! It was the first time I've ever taught in Khmer, and I still needed another woman to translate my "bad Khmer" for me, ha! I taught an introductory lesson to about twenty women about women's reproductive health. And it sounds like they want more, so I'll teach another one in a couple weeks! Take Skillshare Fundamentals of Photoshop class and Influence Network class- Check and check. I took the first Photoshop class in a series - "Basics of Photoshop: Fundamentals for Beginners." And made a very cool abstract art project. Also took an old Influence class called "Wild Mom" that I purchased months ago. (These two goals will get filed under my "happens-every-month-list" from now on!) Submit one guest post to a blog I follow- I actually had three guest posts published this month! Two articles for ExpectingExpats.com and one for Djibouti Jones. Date night with Andrew- thank you, dear Kate, for babysitting (happens every month)
- Phone-free Sunday & after 9pm - Ok, this is an example of - "If a goal doesn't work for you, change it. You own the goal; the goal doesn't own you!" Going 100% phone-free didn't work for me. That's how I talk with my family, read my Bible and books, listen to podcasts, etc. on the weekends. BUT giving my phone a bedtime at 9pm was awesome. Also - I just deleted my social media apps off my phone Saturday AND Sunday. So refreshing - a great way to "reset" my mind and give my thumb a break. (also on my "happens-every-month-list")
- Exercise 30 minutes three times a week - still didn't happen every week. But I'm getting better!
Coffee/Skype/meal with a friend once a week- check!
- Celebrate Andrew's 30th birthday (!!!)
- Powersheets prep for August-December 2014 (can't believe I'm almost done with my first set - update post forthcoming!)
- Review branding group's blogs & give feedback - I recently joined a community group on the Influence Network, and that is the group task for July.
- Create a plan to escape reaction and embrace intention - this book has me nodding my head, highlighting every other sentence, and thinking about how I can better use my time to honor God and do what he's called me to do, instead of just reacting to whatever is in front of me.
- Reactivate Kansas Registered Nursing license - because we're moving back soon, and I want to get a job. I still have a Missouri license. But I'm not which side of the state line I'll be working in - so it's better to be prepared! (Kansas City straddles two states, y'all!)
- Develop subscription gift for newsletter subscribers - last month, I sent out my first monthly newsletter - yay! So thankful for you all who signed up! And I'd love to develop a resource to give people who sign up - such as a Bible study, resource list, something encouraging...ideas or suggestions? Bring it on! (and if you missed out, you can still sign up here to get the next one.)
Note: Affiliate links used. Full disclosure here.